Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Those GORGEOUS Olympic colors!

I can't stop thinking about those GORGEOUS Vancouver Olympics colors!  I've been watching the coverage and those greens and blues are so beautiful.  I was already thinking about these, so I had to give it a try.  My own color challenge (you know how I love those!) for myself.  Of course I had to use Medallion from SU...made me think "medal".  Then I had to try to copy those beautiful colors...here is olive (stamped off), baja blue and not quite navy - all SU.  All of what is showing up black due to my poor photos are actually NQN.  :)  Then, I had to find a sentiment.  "good luck" would have been great...but if I'm adding these to my stash...I wanted a sentiment I'd use more often.  I went with "You're the BEST."  Sums it up...and I had to stay up to watch the figure skating, womens downhill and the awesome snowboarding.  I'm loving it...but it's messing with my beauty sleep!   Hope you're enjoying the Games, too.  

I saw on Susan's blog, Simplicity, that there is an "Olympic" themed challenge for the Clean and Simple Design Team at Splitcoast.  So I had to go and look.  One of the challenges is to  design a card inspired by the Olympics...some really cute cards were entered.  Have a look!

3 comments:

  1. I love them too. These cards are just beautiful! I love that stamp.

    Thanks for your sweet comment about my Aunt. :D Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! Great cards and aren't the Olympics fabulous... I have been watching it every day when I can.
    You will find that blogging becomes addictive. I did anyway... I always find time to post. Not every day but every other at least. I don't have young ones either so I do make the time! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! LOVE the cards and your blog looks awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave some thoroughly encouraging words!