Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Better late...

Than never, is how the old saying goes. I have a feeling I'll be saying that a lot when it comes to challenges. Well, card making challenges, that is. The daily "life challenges" won't wait till the cards are stamped!


Got the "most wonderful time of the month" email from PTI today. While I didn't make any deadlines, I had to play along anyway. I tried the paint by number challenge in recognition of the new paints they've come up with over at PTI. You have to use the color palette based on your user name...and I just use my name, Shannon. So my color palette was:





And here's what I came up with. I didn't have all the PTI colors, but they said you can substitute. I had their kraft and I subbed mostly other SU colors. I used the "smokey shadow" for a really pretty dark pewter silk ribbon and basic gray (su) ink for the sentiment.



(ETA: after posting mine, i went back and looked for other "s" folks that posted with the same color combo as me. it's amazing to see how the same colors and the same design look soooo different! give it a try!)

I also want to try the challenge to use the color palettes that the DT used for another post during their release celebration. Which ones did you like? I love the colors Michelle chose:


I also had to try to do at least ONE sketch challenge ON TIME! I love the Clean and Simple Fall-To-Layouts and jumped right on this weeks! I subbed a butterfly for the scallop circle element...and obviously took a little flutterby-liberty with the sentiment. But if a butterfly can't take those kinds of liberties, who can?

7 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. I have the same set so just might have to case you. Hope you enjoyed the opening ceremonies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first card is very elegant. I love the color combo and use of stamps on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your take on FTL78 - colours, stamping oh everything is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, and great blog. thanks for dropping by my blog to say hi! Love the snow picture, looks awesome (and cold)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are just FABULOUS!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Clean & Simple Stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are great! I love the elegance of the first card. Such rich colors! The second one is so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave some thoroughly encouraging words!