Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Curtain Call Cards

I just love, love, love the colors and the inspiration piece chosen by Stacey over at the Curtain Call Color Challenge on her blog.  They even remind me of the colors I had been working with on the cards I had made when I was so inspired by the beautiful Vancouver Olympics colors! 

I immediately thought of the Shore is Fun set I bought from my friend Anne - my friendly neighborhood Close to My Heart demonstrator!   It's a CTMH set featuring a sailboat with interchangeable sails.  I think they look great popped up on the card!  I have to start thinking summery and father's day, and I thought these colors would work.  I made a few of each card...one with the Amuse sentiment "Life's a breeze" and one with the computer generated "You're the wind in my sails."  I can almost feel the flip flops on my feet when i look at these cards!



But then I couldn't stop thinking about the trivet that was the inspiration piece for the challenge.  I loved those colors on the kraft background.  So I dug out an SU! wheel and wheeled it on kraft paper and colored with pencils.  I do like the way the white pencils stand out!  The bling is a really light blue, but shows up clear in the photo. 


We're expecting more snow tomorrow.  If Mother Nature delivers on her promise, there could be some crafty time coming my way...but no flip flops in sight.  Right now, that's a fair trade, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. lovely cards, Shannon! the paper-pieced boat is too cute and the bg stamping is super fab on your second card:) thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those two cards Shannon!!! Sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave some thoroughly encouraging words!