Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bright challenges...

Not necessarily "bright ideas" mind you, but definitely bright colors!  The brights are not in my normal color "comfort zone."  But, that's why challenges are a good thing...to take you right on out of that zone.  Both of these challenges took me there this afternoon...The challenge on the Penny Black website and the Sweet Stop Sketch. 

The Penny Black Saturday Challenge (that I think I missed since they already have the new one posted...oops!) was a color combo challenge.  Pink and green and yellow...oh my!  I don't have many Penny Black stamps...though they are gorgeous.  I do have two cute sets and found a good image to use.  The sentiment is Amuse (I think) and I liked the "air" and "balloons".  But, in the long run, a perfectly simple "happy birthday" would've done just fine!

The Sweet Stop Sketch is a simple layout...but I just couldn't leave it alone - had to make it more difficult for myself.  Didn't really mean to...but I read that you have to use flowers...and I couldn't get this little digi stamp I picked up from Dulce's Ideas out of my mind.  Granted, the flowers are "hearts", but I had it in my head, and darn it...I was using it!  :)  Her ideas on her website are very creative and the little digis are too cute.  I also had to have the "love boat" one!  When I was linking...I saw she had a few Easter digis, too!

Because it's a digi...before I printed it, I added a sentiment.  It reads, "Thank you for helping me bloom".  Love that little bee...he may need a little glitter!  Hope you have a bloomin' good day, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave some thoroughly encouraging words!