Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter...

to everyone - I hope the Bunny visited and you're able to visit with family and friends on what is (at least here in Maryland) a beautiful spring day! 

I mentioned in a previous post about my new neighbors and that they just had a baby girl!  I got to see her this morning for the first time.  BEAUTIFUL!  She looks like her equally beautiful older sister.  We had been out of town for a few days, so I haven't been doing any stamping, but I needed that baby girl card, so got to working.  Funny thing is, as I read through some wonderful comments from this week, I found a new challenge blog when Jean of Justscraps.ca left me a note!  Funny thing is, their challenge was "new beginnings" (including pastels).  She left such a nice note about all of her family's new beginnings and it made me think of our new little neighbor and getting to meet her today.  When I finished making a pastel pink version (with chocolate accents...though they seem to look black!), I figured I better just go ahead and do a baby blue version, too...yep...2 more co-workers expecting!  Always good to fill the card box for those kinds of occasions! 




Also while we were away, I got another WONDERFUL comment from the Deanne, Lesley and the ladies of Christmas Cards All Year 'Round!  I was chosen as the winner for the March challenge...to use a snowman and a mostly green card!!  Here is my entry.  How exciting!!  I actually can't wait to play again with these ladies...it's a fun challenge, it's a month long (so no hurries) and it stocks the box for Christmas cards we all know we'll need!  Stop by and give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Shannon. So glad you joined in our challenge. We'll be posting our next challenge later today and hope you find time to play along. Congrats on winning the March challenge at Christmas Cards All Year 'Round. Think this is a challenge I will follow up on. What a great way to get your Christmas cards done. And as you pointed out, you have a whole month to get the five cards done! Thanks again for joining us at Just Scraps and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are darling! I love both color combo's! Congrats on your challenge win!! yay!! And thank you for your sweet comment on my blog :) I think I will be owning my age this year. I have to at some point or I might forget how old I actually am?? yikes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave some thoroughly encouraging words!